The Clipper Compass is a fully electronic compass with remote fluxgate sensor. The large clear display has 7 levels of illumination and gives True or magnetic heading. The sensor which is gimballed for plus/minus 45 degrees of pitch and roll, is mounted in a position where stray magnetic fields are at a minimum. An electronic auto calibration then cancels out small errors.
Steer to Course Function - When the steering function is selected a series of chevrons accumulate showing the magnitude and direction of the steering error. To stay on course simply turn the wheel in the direction of the chevrons until they are extinguished. The steering sensitivity can be preset by the user. An off course alarm provides a safety feature when not at the helm. If the heading deviates by more than a preset amount then the alarm will sound.
- Supply voltage nominal 12v DC
- Consumption, 120mA+ (25mA for display illumination max)
- Fluxgate accuracy +/- 1 degree
- Adjustable Damping
- 1 Degree display resolution
- Display case size 110 x 110 m
- Depth behind panel 30mm
- Fluxgate 175mm diameter x 95mm
- Sensor supplied with 5 meters of cable
- Extension cables available
Currently there are no reviews for this product. Share your opinion with others, be the first to write a review.